While the weather has been busy changing it’s mind every other day, I have been thinking about my beach essentials for a weekend away or a at the beach.
Although my family and I hit up the beach frequently, we are also planning another FL trip in July for my 30th birthday. Homeaway has many great vacation rentals in the Florida Panhandle. They are all so beautiful. Now is the perfect time to book your stay. These beach essentials will definitely come in handy when you spend a day at Panama City Beach.
1. Sunscreen. This should be the first thing on everybody’s beach essentials list! It is so important to take care of your skin and your children’s skin. At the beach, it is essential to reapply every 80 minutes. Also, look for “broad spectrum protection”, with a SPF of 30.
2. Bluetooth Speaker. We actually got my daughter one of these a few Christmases ago, and we kind of steal it whenever we go to the pool or beach. I just think music makes anything more fun. Even cleaning… sort of.
3. Camera. This is probably the most important beach essential to pack! We love going away together as a family; whether it is a weekend away, a trip to the beach, or a long vacation. We have been to FL before and I actually lost my camera but someone found it. One of my favorite pictures ever of my daughter was of her at the beach for the first time. Memories like those need to be captured.
4. Sunglasses. This goes along with simply taking care of yourself in the hot, hot sun. A swimsuit is an obvious beach essential, but a cool pair of sunnies just completes the look! I also love a good hat to protect your eyes and face!
5. Toys. This is super necessary if you have kids. A trip to the beach isn’t just a quick thing; if you are going, you want to spend a day there. Kids can only do so much without sand toys, books, and a kite. Especially if you’re like me and don’t really like your daughter going near the water. I can’t help it! Water makes me so nervous. I would rather us all sit under a big umbrella and play.
Let me know in the comments what your 5 beach essentials would be! Don’t forget to check out those rentals from Homeaway.